Our Patient Advocate Services
Provide Patient Support
- I will provide an assessment of your current health.
- Attend doctor’s visits with you and your family to help you absorb and sort out the details.
- Offer peace of mind as I monitor your treatment options and walk you through your “journey.”
- Help you find second opinion if desired.
- If you wish to attend doctor’s visits by yourself, I will provide you with a list of appropriate questions to ask.
- If your family is out of town or unable to be with you, I will be there, and answer any questions you may have.
- Help you make difficult, informed medical decisions.
- Help you navigate the medical system, including medication review, helping you or loved ones in the hospital or long term care.
- Helping you learn how to talk with your physician and other care providers.
- Be with you and your loved ones through every step of your cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Shared decision making
Review Medical History
- Analyze pertinent past medical history and medication.
- Get any significant medical records and copies of diagnostic testing.
- Provide documents in an easy-to-read format for you to keep with you. This will include all specialists and any radiation treatment or chemotherapy that you may have had.
Research Your Medical Condition
- Using reputable websites for physicians and summarizing them so you can easily understand them. These can be updated after each visits.